Being more of a nature person, I didn’t include any indoor touristy places in our itinerary when we visited Seoul last autumn, even War Memorial nor Lotte World. However, due to ze sister’s persistence and since we are staying around the area, we ended up visiting Trick Eye Museum in Hongdae. Surprise surprise, despite my reluctance on staying in a confined area, the visit was a hit if not a success.
Trick Eye is shortened from ‘Trick of the eye’ and refers to a traditional art technique Trompe-l’oeil that turns 2D paintings into 3D images through the use of optical illusions. (source)
Here’s the location map to make your lives easier, you’re welcome!
And here are the directions if the map is scarce:
Hongik University Station (Seoul Subway Line 2), Exit 9.
Go straight 150m, cross the road, and turn left onto Hongik-ro Street.
Go straight 120m, and turn right down the second side street (in between TONYMOLY and Holika Holika).
Continue going 100m to arrive at Trickeye Museum on the right.
Admission: KRW 15,000 including Ice Museum
Here are few hilarious reasons why you need to visit Trick Art Museum:
1. You can be a Mermaid. Not as fun as being a fairy riding a unicorn while waving pixie dust wand showering the world with glitters, but you can be a friggin mermaid in your winter clothes. YAS.
2. You can surf along nicely with the kindest and gentlest white sharks without feeding frenzies lol…
… Or you can be eaten by the ugliest fish with monstrous teeth and actually enjoy it….
… Or you can be confused about the giant bird’s intentions, does he wants to save you or to eat you?
3. You can offer yourself to be the dinner of the Witch that looks like Mona Lisa in a bad eyebrows day with finesse that would rival the Queen of England…
… Or you can play head games with the malnourished Witch of the East.
4. You can be grateful for small things, big things and everything in between. (LOL to my horrible puns)
5. Here you can take a peek and no one, absolutely no one will judge you. 😛
6. You can fetch water with a little help from your friends (and wish they put on some clothes)
7. You can see eye to eye about everything under the sun or rain and about life in general with the Count and Countess of the Kingdom of Genovia.
8. You can pretend you’re a Panda….
… Or Thumbelina…
… Or a competing synchronized swimma. (sorry, it has to rhyme lol)
9. You can have tête-à-tête with Brangelina while walking the red carpet to the academy awards in your most fashionable clothes. Your winter clothes. (good job sister haha)
10. And most important of them all, here you can find your prince charming in a white horse. (Or not)
You can have a date in a park…
Or a dance in a ball…
Or perhaps a cuddle in a cold hard wall. 😀
Fun times, oh the fun times.
All photos were mostly taken by me using my iPhone 7 while my heck of a sister pose her way to oblivion .